Press Releases
Beneficiaries in Southern Leyte, blessed by SPES amid pandemic

Tacloban City –  Some twenty (20) beneficiaries of the Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) in Hinundayan, Southern Leyte recently received their stipend from the Department of Labor and Employment Regional Office 8 in partnership with the local government unit of Hinundayan. 

Each beneficiary received through a money remittance center the amount of Php 4,226.20 as stipend for the services rendered starting July 23, 2020 to August 20, 2020. Sixty percent (60%) of the payment was funded by DOLE while the remaining forty (40%) was the LGU’s counterpart.

Francia Louise M. Devibar, 21 years old, expressed how happy and thankful she is for the assistance received as one of the SPES beneficiaries. As an ongoing 3rd year college student, she shared how the money she received will really help her in her educational expenses.

“I am so happy and thankful that I qualified and became one of the SPES beneficiaries here in Hinundayan. This is a blessing for me and my family and will really help me in the payment of my expenses as a student especially that we are into online learning where mobile data is necessary”, said Devibar.

Chief Marites Z. Viñas, Head of the DOLE-Southern Leyte Field Office, said that the SPES implementation although challenging due to the pandemic, is still seen as a useful program in providing employment opportunities to the students.

“The SPES is indeed a significant program of DOLE not only in providing employment opportunities to deserving students and youth, but also in encouraging them to have that sense of responsibility which they can bring with them when they enter the real world of work”, said Viñas.

Chief Viñas likewise thanked the LGU of Hinundayan for partnering with DOLE in implementing the SPES.

“We are thankful that we have LGUs that are supportive in our programs and services. To Mayor Elisa Cadingan and her active PESO Manager, Ms. Maria Vivian Anduyan, thank you for being facilitative”, Viñas ended.

For the benefit of the students and youths looking for ways to help their families, DOLE-RO8 has continuously implemented the SPES amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, with observance of the prescribed minimum health protocols. End/Norma Rae S. Costimiano with reports from Mary Jane Abenoja

[Back]
[Print]
2020-10-16
YAHYA A. CENTI
Contact us:
Name

Your Email

Title/Subject

(Maximum characters: 50)
You have characters left.

Your Message

(Maximum characters: 300)
You have characters left.